June 29, 2011

Some favorite things!

Just wanted to share some of my favorite things!

1.
Switched at Birth on ABC Family. I caught this show one night and got hooked! I DVR it and think it's so great. Such a good show and Marlee Matlin is a producer, and I love how they are really portraying the deaf character and how she's able to function normally in a hearing world (as opposed to other movies I've seen where they make it seem like such a burden to not be able to hear.) And that Constance Marie (who plays Daphne's mom) really uses sign language...just a neat idea and a great show.

2.
The Glee Project on Oxygen. Is anyone else watching this show? I love the idea (winner gets a 7 week stint on Glee!) and love the kids. Although some annoy me - the Latina girl who dubs herself as "flirty" is annoying. And the know it all girl who said she doesn't feel like it's a competition has an amazing voice but seriously I want to smack her all.the.time. The only issue I have with the show is that all of these kids seem to be in characters that are exactly like the current Glee cast. So I don't know how the winner would be put into the show as a "new" and fresh character, but I'm liking watching it so far!

3. Grilling! We've busted out our grill for the first time this season! We could have used it before then but we were lazy and I refused to clean it and Tito just put it off. But we had friends over for a barbecue on Sunday so we had to clean it off and use it! I grilled chicken last night (with lemon pepper seasoning - yum!) and Santi and Tito gobbled it up. Tonight we're having turkey burgers and veggies...and it used to be Tito's job to grill but ever since he burned the crap out of the burgers on Sunday, he's forbidden. So I will be making non-charred food tonight!

4. Naps! Santi is now taking 3-4 hour naps once a day consistently. Usually he'll go down after we get back from Stroller Strides in the morning (about 11am) and sleep until at least 2 and then have lunch and then we'll run errands or play or go to the park. Sometimes when we don't go to Stroller Strides, he'll go down at about 10am and sleep for a few hours and on days like yesterday when he was really cranky, I was able to put him down at 3pm and have him rest (he didn't sleep but just hung out in his crib playing with his puppies and his lovie) for about an hour or so. It's allowing me to get a lot done (such as starting packing for the move!) Or occasionally if I'm really tired, I'll take a nap too! :)

No comments: