April 6, 2009

My weekend!

I had a busy weekend, busier than most have been recently. But oh so much fun!

Friday - I left work a bit early and headed downtown to meet friends for a happy hour at Twilight Martini Lounge. This is right by Pike Place Market and has a super yummy and cheap happy hour menu! We shared updates on our lives, good food and drinks!

I left the bar around 8pm, and drove my other friend home, and then came home to meet Tito as he was on his way out to Fremont to hang out with a friend. This is a friend of ours from undergrad who moved out here last year. He is from Kenya, and leaving for a matter of months to go home and see his family. He's not 100% sure if he's coming back so Tito wanted a chance to see him before he left. I stayed home and cleaned the house though since it was a boys night. :)

Saturday - I woke up to sunshine! I headed out and hit up the DMV to finally get my WA license after 3 years of living here. It took only 20 minutes, they asked no questions about how long I'd lived here, gave me my old license after punching a hole in it and sent me on my way for my photo. Stupid lady taking the photo, had me stand back, I smiled. Kept smiling. She didn't look like she was going to take the photo, but I still smiled. She looked down to her left and talked to someone of which made me think she wasn't going to take the photo yet so I looked at who she was talking to. Turned me head back around to the camera and she snapped the photo then. The result? A photo of my dead pan with my eyes half opened. I asked her if we could take it again and she said no. I usually have good license photos too! So I think I'm going to look into "losing" the license and see if I can get another one taken where I at least have my eyes open!

After the DMV, I drove over to the UVillage to walk around and go to H&M. Hadn't been there in awhile, and picked up a cute little top, some black satin peep toe espadrilles and a collection of little turquoise wooden beaded bracelets. I also headed to Crate and Barrel but didn't find anything to really buy but picked up a new shoe rack and some storage things at Storables. (Have to bring the shoe rack back because it was missing a piece which was annoying to find out.) Headed home and made brownies, and pico de gallo.

Tito headed to Kirkland to meet up with Erik and Mike for a man playdate. :) Headed out to M's house for B's birthday dinner. Had a great time enjoying fajitas, chips and salsa and pico, and brownies with ice cream and chocolate sauce, as well as wine, beer and good company! After dinner, we headed to a new martini bar in Kirkland. It was packed and a little small for the space, but B and M snagged a table and we camped out for the rest of the night.

Sunday - woke up, grocery shopped, then got lunch at Subway and Tito and I headed to St. Edward's State Park to enjoy the sunshine and have a picnic. We spent three hours in the sunshine, soaking up Vitamin D, relaxing, reading, and just loving life. Headed home, grabbed some movies and settled in and watched both (Role Models and 7 Pounds.) We liked both of them for different reasons, and it was nice to spend a good day together, and good evening snuggling and just enjoying each other's company.


Some photos from the weekend:


Jess and I (playing with the color accent feature on my new camera)


Jess and purple coat!


Not a great shot of me, but with my new license


The ladies at dinner


Happy Birthday B!


On the way to the bar - I'm riding in the "big girl" seat in the middle of E's new Highlander


Cheers to B!


The ladies


Tito and I at St. Edward's State Park enjoying the sunshine!



Epi and I after a day in the sun (with Monet looking on in the background)

1 comment:

Lesli said...

I am enjoying your cat pictures. They are both adorable. :)